During an audit or inspection, an auditor can assign corrective actions while completing any of the given items from the audit list.
(For more information on the entire audit flow, visit the Audit flow article.)
In the screenshot above, you can see that there are three icons in the bottom left corner of each question:
- The first icon allows you to add a note for that specific question
- The second one allows you to add one or multiple photos
- The third one allows you to create a corrective action based on your audit findings.
Let’s dig a bit deeper into the “Actions” (bell) icon. Tap on it to see already added corrective actions, if any. That section will also allow you to add a new action.
Initially, the list of actions will be empty, like shown in the screenshot above. To add a new corrective action, tap on the "Add Action" button in the middle of the screen, OR tap on the + icon in the top right corner of the screen. A new form will show up:
With each corrective action, you can enter the following information:
- Title/name of the action - this should be a brief summary of what you’re adding to the system;
- Description - use the second line to add a bit longer description where needed. Be as descriptive as possible and remember that an auditee will see these corrective actions individually and may not be aware of the context or the item you were addressing;
- Choose a due date by tapping on the date field and select a date from the calendar;
- Priority - assign one of the available priorities for addressing a corrective action (high, medium or low);
- Assign User - assign one of the users to complete the corrective action;
- Add photos so that your auditee could better understand your corrective action.
Click "Create" in the top right corner of the screen when done filling out the details. To add more than one corrective action, click on the "+" (plus) icon in the top right corner of the screen. Otherwise, click on the "Go Back" option in the top left corner of the screen to return to the audit where you left off.
Your auditees will see these corrective actions on their end and will be able to reply with comments or submit them for approval.
If you’d like to review all the corrective actions that you have created , tap on the “Actions” section in the main navigation of the app.
In the screenshot below, we can see some actions that are pending to be completed and pending approval.
You can scroll through the list of actions, search by using the search field at the top of the screen, or tap on the filters icon in the top right corner to narrow down the list of actions you see on your screen. To see more details about any of the actions in the list, tap on it and a new window will show up with details.
In the comments section you can chat with the person fixing the corrective actions. They can submit follow-up photos and comments. Scroll down to see those comments, or add your own comment by typing it in at the bottom of the screen and send it off.
Notice two options at the top of the screen for corrective actions:
To reject a corrective action, click on the Reject option and confirm the dialog. To approve it, tap on that option and confirm on the dialog.
All changes and updates to corrective actions are visible on both the mobile app and in the web portal. The decision can also be changed, so a previously approved action can be rejected, and vice versa. Below is the screenshot of how an action looks when approved.